Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Advocate's New Top Model...LOL

Hello Darlings,


Before I dart off to the gay parties today, I'm going to tease you a bit with a story that will run next month.

As part of a series called, "Yes, this is what I do for a living", I found myself at the Abbey Friday morning, drinking champagne before noon and posing for a photo shoot for an upcoming article in The Advocate.

(here I am at left being made up by the make up artist)






I took video of the entire affair, which was fabulous as I adore watching gay men doing creative things like styling, planning and executing a fashion photo shoot.

Even if the subject is a short, gray haired, old, tired LESBIAN. My god, how they put up with me. Let me tell you, I hate being in front of the camera (not to mention in make up!)


I'll tell you now, the video is also hysterical. If you've ever wanted to know what goes on at a gay photo shoot, you'll find out soon enough.








Meanwhile, I've included a few photos of the morning (but not the juicy good ones!).

The Advocate was recently purchased by here! networks and is now run by their CEO Paul Colichman (pictured below), who has big plans for the magazine, and all the combined online networks they now manage including GayWired.com, Out.com and AdvocateOnline.

I met the new editor of The Advocate, Jon Barrett, who was a news editor for the mag previously, and most recently worked at O Home as a features editor. (he's the one pictured with me below).




Here is here! CEO Paul Colichman, Entertainment Editor Cory Scholibo and myself at the Outfest Launch Party Thursday night.

4 pithy remarks. Click here to Comment:

Mike R said...

Can't wait to read the article and see how your hot photo shoot came out!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Advocate shoot! I just subscribed and my friend Steve is doing online news for them. I look forward to reading it.

I wish I could be at the party, but I am happily in New York. But...SOOOO bummed to miss being part of Outfest this year. Hope to work in some capacity with the Advocate as I am working on a mobile phone start up that could be a good match.

Take care and keep the blog going!

Patrick Connolly
MoxieQ Media

ReneeG said...

A photoshoot! How fabulous! You are so popular and I am so jealous! Congrats on the Advocate photoshoot and can't wait to read all your deets on Outfest!

Anonymous said...

Come ON girl, you are hot, not tired and old and all those things you said... keep rocking.