Thursday, March 20, 2008

Jack, my co host, has died

For those of you loyal viewers of my vlog, I have sad news.  Jack the cat, my co host died today.

He was already full grown when I picked him up off the streets of Echo Park about ten years ago. He had been living outside my friend Joe's cottage, and had gotten the name "Jack" after the character in the Titanic because my friend thought he'd die of the elements (it rained a lot that season and the neighborhood tom cat would beat him up regularly).

He was not only my cohost, but my buddy being the only animal in my pack that I allowed to sleep next to or on me at night. Also, every single blog entry that you've read, rest assured my left elbow was resting on him as I typed it.

Jack was gentle, kind and loving.  He was such a good soul (unlike my two other cats, sired by the neighborhood Tom Cat and who I refer to as the Fucking Free Loaders).

He died of a nose bleed.  It wouldn't stop so I rushed him to the vet.  It got really bad in the 5 min car ride over there. It wouldn't stop there either and it got very bad and was also coming out of his eye.  We were able to put him down before he drowned it in, but I am now covered in blood as I type this.  It's even in my hair, as he was spitting and sneezing it on the car ride to the vet.  It was all over in about thirty minutes.   There was nothing they could do. I did go all Shirley MacLaine/Terms of Endearment on them at the vet "He is not dying on that table alone, I have to be there!" and later I had to scream for them to put him down before he drowned "Give him the fucking shot he's drowning!", and in the end he died in my arms. It was all very shocking and very sudden.

Here's some clips of Jack as my cohost in my vlog.





7 pithy remarks. Click here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

Judy, I am really sorry Jack died...You were so close to him & gave him a wonderful home..Try to think of the good memories you had with him...You'll be amazed how many you'll think of..Let the tears flow as they will..God Bless You, Mare

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy, Just checking back & hoping you're doing OK today..Your other babies need your love too..They miss Jack, also..Have a beautiful weekend..Mare

starmerino said...

My heart goes out to Jack and you. It's good that you were there at the end. Much love, Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Oh JD, I am so very sorry for your loss. They aren't pets, they are family. And just as we grieve for a family member, it's ok to grieve for Jack. HUGE hugs.

Geanie

Websketch (Web Sass) said...

That is so sad to hear. Bless you for taking such good care of him and enriching his life as he did yours. I bet he is watching you still and will always have that special place in your heart. My sincerest condolences.

Web

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Jack's death...loved catching little glimpses of him in the vlogs.

Take care & RIP Jack.

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy, Stopping by again to see how you're doing today...It's been a few days now...I hope you're doing better..I lost one of my babies last July....He was a Yorkie..His name was "Stormy"..I'm really still missing him a lot..I'm on myspace..Yes, of course we're friends....stop by if you get a chance.."Stormy's" there...myspace.com/mariansperber..take care for now & God Bless You...Mare