Friday, July 11, 2008

What's Your Problem? Episode 17


Episode 17: "Photos, Friends & Pheromones: Part II"

My Guests: artist, Kerry Krenzin
&
my dear friend, John W. McLaughlin

Episode 17, "Photos, Friends & Pheromones: Part II" picks up where we left off last week with Cathy and her guests - her dear friend and co-creator of their current project in development, Slate&Kelly (www.myspace.com/slateandkelly), John W. McLaughlin and artist/photographer Kerry Krenzin.

In part II, they get to a letter from W.Y.P viewer "hoops", who has questions about how to navigate dating when you bring mental illness and physical scars to the table.

The three out friends discuss this issue while Lucia takes a breather to deal with a tummy ache in the other room... (bad cheese?) When they decide to share their scars with us veiwers Cathy drops trou, and despite her on camera decision to edit it out... it some how makes the final cut anyway.

While the issues addressed today are certainly nothing to laugh about, Cathy and her guests find a way to keep us smiling... as usual.

For news and updates about Cathy's vlog and other projects, keep an eye on her blog at www.myspace.com/cathydebuono

For more information on Kerry Krenzin, go to www.kerrykrenzin.com

For all the WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM? Episodes go to Cathy's site at: WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM? PAGE.

8 pithy remarks. Click here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

i had a cat live to be 17...and yes i live in NY...but so close to canada i don't know if it counts...

Di said...

I just love the vlog, Cathy. I love how you perfectly balance the serious and the fun. Your wisdom and insight is always so on target, but I just wish it was all a bit longer. It seems like there would be endless topics you could cover.

That was a riot about John's "gay scar." Now that's a story.

Great work, keep 'em coming!

Jusjay said...

(Janay)

Wow that awesome, yeah i guess you're right scars are like tattoos. I have scars on my wrist from...bad times but I hide them all the time because I don't like explaining them...is that ok to do?

Anonymous said...

Cathy’s vlog…Is it not the greatest invention since sliced bread and indoor plumbing?

I feel so uplifted after watching these. Does anyone else feel like yelling amen or hallelujah or slapping a WYP bumper sticker on your grandmother’s car?

Ok, it’s just me. Well how about instead I just say thanks to Cathy, her buddies, Lucia, JD and all the forces at work that help put this out there.

This is good stuff. Really.

DAM56 said...

I love WYP! I'm so glad you're back. I look forward to these every week. Can John be on every week? Getting to the point, I'm glad to hear that there is someone else out there stupid enough to punch a wall and break their hand. Mine was never fixed and hasn't worked right since. I taught myself to write left handed...I never did it again either. We all have scars that make us who we are and I like the analogy of them as tattoos...I'm rambling..You are truly an amazing soul. Thanks for all you do....

Angie5x5 said...

I have a gay scar, too! When I was about 12, I burned my inner calf on the exhaust pipe of my friend's motorcycle. Why gay? I had been riding on the back of my Dad's motorcycle for years, but in this case I was climbing on the back of a 16-year-old girl's motorcycle for the first time. I guess I was distracted by the knowledge that I was about to press up against her, wrap my arms around and hold on tight.

I was disappointed when What's Your Problem? left AfterEllen, but I have to admit I'm enjoying the added freedom it gives.

Anonymous said...

Once again a great mix of funny moments (John is a riot!) and insightful advices.
Thank you for not using beeps, they annoy me a lot, and it's not like we don't use swear words in everyday life (well, i'm an hot-blooded italian so i use them quite often!). But above all thank you for not editing out the "drop trou-scene" cause it was ... well ... really, really good!
On a more serious note, we shoudn't be ashamed of our scars, they are part of our life, our history, and sometimes they are the real proof we have survived it all and are still here and kicking!
Just a little complain: it was too short to fix my Cathy-addiction!
Now I'm out to watch it again.

Anonymous said...

Ok, i think there are definitely "cool" scars adorning people out there, but it's still hard to love or embrace those scars that get that disapproving "scrunged-up-nose-what-the-hell-happened" face. I have them and wait for the day when a skin technique is developed to get rid of it. Meanwhile, no tank tops or too short of sleeves for me... :(