Thursday, November 15, 2007

Upcoming Events in LA...good stuff!!!



Actress and author Shirley MacLaine will present the Center’s highest individual honor to Jenifer Lewis at the 36th Anniversary Gala and Auction this Saturday. Like Lewis, whose show “Bipolar, Bath & Beyond” this year raised $40,000 for the Center, MacLaine is a longtime supporter of equality for LGBT people.

Get your tickets now, this will sell out!!!
LAGLC Anniversary Gala Purchase Tickets Here

I am particularly excited about this because...well, several reasons. I've been going to the gala for about 7 years now and I'm a big supporter of our Center. Also, I fucking adore La MacLaine and La Lewis. Not only because they are so crazy talented, but for their fierce, outspoken stance on issues that pertain to our humanity.

The following video I took a few months ago at the Project Angel Food Awards. Ms MacLaine was hysterical and captivating in her speech. She made brownie points by bashing George Bush in the first five seconds of her speech. Really, really bashing Bush.


This following video I took of Jennifer Lewis just TEARING THE FUCKING ROOF OFF just a few weeks ago. I dare you not to get goosebumps here as she sings I KNOW WHERE I'M GOING, I KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN at last month's POINT FOUNDATION COURAGE AWARDS. The boys could not jump to their feet fast enough towards the end.



So I'm already wondering..."what will I wear? what will I wear?" this Saturday night.

Another great happening in town that I highly recommend is the stellar lgbt stand up night at the Improv. As I wrote in my review two months ago, it's really better than narcotics.


By the way, Ms Erin Folley, you and your super talented dyke friends can come back to karaoke any time. Drinks on me!

Also, think about giving back this Thanksgiving, and having some fun with it:

0 pithy remarks. Click here to Comment: