Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Advocate Turns 40


You'll notice a rare dearth of pithy comments in today's post because...well, to quote one of my favorite movies...."Not now dear, Auntie Mame is hung." (and to further quote it, I did wake up today as the sun bore down on me and said, "My that moon's bright.")

What a party indeed. Anyone who is anyone was out to help celebrate the Advocate's 40th Anniversary.

I asked Anne Stockwell, the editor in chief, why the pinnacle gay magazine isn't gay enough to start lying about it's age like the rest of us. "29 and holding" as we all say in West Hollywood.

Needless to say, I didn't mean to get "tanked" last night...but they pour the vodka HARD and since I am a veg, there was no food for me there last night!!!!

Anyway, let the pictures tell a thousand words....
























Here is my favorite director, Jonah Markowitz and I last night.


Okay, so I haven't written in a while about our film, SHELTER, because I don't like to brag...but in the next few weeks I will post all our reviews and list the festivals across the world that will be playing it.

We're laughing in this photo because today....we are driving up to Fresno. No, not to wander around in a daze looking for Celestia (although the way I feel today, that might still happen)...we are Opening Night at the Fresno Gay and Lesbian Film Festival.

I can't imagine what'll happen there, but I will blog about it tomorrow.

By the way, if you don't know SHELTER... that is the film I produced which Jonah wrote and directed and I swear to you.... this is the best gay film you will ever see!!!!*

How's that for self promotion?

*marginially kidding. But I think you'll really, really like it.

See you at the movies.....

3 pithy remarks. Click here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, well.

JD with a hot blonde draped around her neck.

I heard, from a little bird, that you frequently have hot women throwing themselves at you, but you keep it on the DL.

Did that compare to the bottle of champagne the night before?

Sometimes, gay for pay isn't all painful, is it, JD?

Mark in DE said...

My my! Everyone in West Hollywood is so pretty! Sounds like you had a ball at the party.

Good luck with the Fresno Film Festival opening and Shelter! Can't wait to see it next month here in DE.

Mark

juniormogul said...

good GOD!
gurl, didnt u have enough rest from our Emmy Party?
I was about to go but I was still recuperating from all the debauchery of Sunday night.
Besides, I am becoming the Paris Hilton of the queer world. Oh wait, I think Mr. Brocka took that crown.